TUDCA Stimulates Bile Flow, Heals Mitochondria In Liver Tissue, Reduces Liver Enzymes, Heals The Liver Bile Duct, Supports Intestinal Health, Supports Metabolism/Thyroid Health.
- A 1996 study conducted by Crosignani et al. discovered that subjects who took 500, 1000, or 1500mg of TUDCA daily for six months were able to reduce liver enzymes significantly.
- TUDCA can also act as a chemical chaperone to enhance protein folding and protect cells against endoplasmic reticulum stress (1).
- TUDCA has a powerful ability to improve bile flow. In fact studies have shown that TUDCA can improve bile flow by as much as 500% (2).
- TUDCA doesn’t just improve flow but also improves bile quality and also encourages the microbes within your body to create more of your own TUDCA (2).
- The chemical chaperones tauroursodeoxycholic and 4-phenylbutyric acid accelerate thyroid hormone activation and energy expenditure (3).
- Early studies on mice TUDCA seems to be showing positive results, with studies showing that TUDCA reduced Aβ plaques in the brains of mice with symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). It also prevented memory deficits in a mouse model of AD. And is now being considered a potential strategy in the prevention and treatment of AD (4).
- Scientists are still unclear as to how TUDCA protects against Parkinson's disease, but they believe it may be that TUDCA helps rescue the function of the mitochondria and prevent c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) activation. With the JNK pathway being what leads to the death of neurons in Parkinson’s disease (5)
- Waking Action of Ursodeoxycholic Acid (UDCA) Involves Histamine and GABAA Receptor Block, thefore avoid using before bed (6).
How to use
TUDCA Capsules (Tauroursodeoxycholic acid)
500mg-1000mg per day (1-2 capsules), with food.
Need to find the right dose for you? Consider coaching.
Best used daily, for 2-3 month cycles.
Liver support, Digestion, Steroid usage.
All vendors are vetted for quality, to ensure they contain the right active ingredients and ratios. Each vendor provides a Certificate of Analysis ℹ️, to ensure accurate dosing, and a product free of contaminants/heavy metals. Further, when brands we work with have been randomly pulled off the shelf and tested by Labdoor, they have tended to score A+ ℹ️.
Before listing products, we compile a list of available research, to determine if claims match the evidence. Likewise, we scour the the internet to gauge people’s experience with each product. Most of the products listed typically score at least [4.5/5 from reviews]. All the studies we’ve found are listed at the bottom of the page, under citations.
All products listed on the BYB website follow screening before listing, to ensure there’s a history of long-term usage without adverse effects. Many products fall under the FDA’s Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) guidelines.
Medication interactions and allergies
Please consult your healthcare professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or regime.
For further information on contraindications and allergies, please visit the vendors website.
Buy from a BYB
It’s tempting to dismiss how potent TUDCA can be for your health if you think of it only in terms of digestion. Stimulating bile flow impacts your health in every area. This is why health practitioners are increasing their focus on getting your liver bile duct to flow well. It improves your: Liver Mitochondria, Intestines, Microbiome, Thyroid, Heart & Brain.
TUDCA is one of my personal favourites. I use TUDCA if I have digestive issues or want a boost in metabolism (TUDCA increases thyroid output). TUDCA is also excellent for improving fat digestion.