Spermidine inhibits 5 of the 9 hallmarks of aging and also triggers autophagy - the process by which your body gets rid of damaged cells and proteins. It has been studied for its role in improving cognitive function, immune function in the elderly, mitochondrial function, DNA protection and much more. After 2-3 months of constant use people have reported that their hair and eyelashes are thicker, nails are stronger and cellulite seems to be disappearing.
- Spermidine is a potent polyamine-rich compound known for for boosting autophagy which is the body's cellular renewal and recycling process that slows as we age. It’s found in high quantities in the diets of some of the longest-lived people in the world (1).
- Spermidine supplementation shows significant reduction of weight gain, visceral fat, glucose intolerance, and insulin insensitivity in mice fed a Western style high-fat diet, when compared with controls. Such evidence suggests that, in mice at least, spermidine could protect against obesity and type 2 diabetes, which echoes the benefits of other autophagy-promoters (2).
- Studies in mice show that, in addition to improving lifespan by 25%, spermidine supplementation decreases the risk of liver fibrosis and cancer, even in subjects exposed to tumor-promoting chemicals. Human observational studies also link intake of spermidine-rich foods with reduced risk of colon cancer.
- In flies and worms spermidine feeding protects against neurodegeneration related to Parkinson’s disease. Accumulation of alpha-synuclein protein has often been implicated as a potential toxic driver of this disease, but spermidine can reduce the associated loss of motor function and early mortality in flies. It also prevents alpha-synuclein-induced loss of dopaminergic neurons in worms (3).
- Results of another study showed a significant correlation between the spermidine concentration and the mini-mental state examination score (p = 0.025). On the basis of the dependence demonstrated it can be concluded that spermidine might be suitable as a biomarker for the diagnosis of neurocognitive changes (senile dementia or Alzheimer's disease (4).
How to use
Spermidine Capsules (Anti-Aging Supplement)
Need to find the right dose for you? Consider coaching.
We recommend taking our spermidine supplement with liquid at mealtime. You can also open the capsules and mix the contents with a cold or room temperature drink or smoothie.
Anti-aging, health addicts.
All vendors are vetted for quality, to ensure they contain the right active ingredients and ratios. Each vendor provides a Certificate of Analysis ℹ️, to ensure accurate dosing, and a product free of contaminants/heavy metals. Further, when brands we work with have been randomly pulled off the shelf and tested by Labdoor, they have tended to score A+ ℹ️.
Before listing products, we compile a list of available research, to determine if claims match the evidence. Likewise, we scour the the internet to gauge people’s experience with each product. Most of the products listed typically score at least [4.5/5 from reviews]. All the studies we’ve found are listed at the bottom of the page, under citations.
All products listed on the BYB website follow screening before listing, to ensure there’s a history of long-term usage without adverse effects. Many products fall under the FDA’s Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) guidelines.
Medication interactions and allergies
Please consult your healthcare professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or regime.
For further information on contraindications and allergies, please visit the vendors website.
Buy from a BYB
Spermidine is a potent polyamine, known for inducing autophagy, which is the body's cellular renewal and recycling process that slows as we age. Supplementation with spermidine in humans has been shown to support cognition and heart health, balance hormones and improve hair growth and fullness (including eyelashes), strengthens nails. Epidemiological studies have correlated higher spermidine levels with longer life.
I am in the process of reviewing the effects of Spermidine. I am blown away by the amount of research that is being released as we speak. Keep an eye out on my YouTube channel for my in-deoth review!