Blue blockers are a must for anyone looking to upgrade their own sleep quality without the use of any herbs/drugs. Modern research has indicated that exposure to artificial blue light can signficantly blunt the body's master sleep hormone, melatonin. Wearing blue blockers allows helps to retrain the body when it is time to sleep. Keep in mind that melatonin is the master sleep hormone in the human body, that naturally declines with age (1). Blue blockers represent an elegant means to prevent the light-induced melatonin suppression, and can be worn anywhere, anytime. Blocking blue light serves an important biological purpose, helping to regulate your internal clock (Circadian rhythm) to control sleep patterns and other body functions; avoiding blue light at night is crucial to protecting your health.
- Optimises melatonin production, which is critical to a healthy, deep, high quality sleep (1).
- Since blue blockers improve natural melatonin signalling within the brain, this can increase the amount of time spent in REM sleep (2).
- In a study conducted using blue blocking glasses, participants experienced significant improvement in sleep quality relative to the control group and positive affect (p = .005). Mood also improved significantly relative to controls (3).
- Blue blocking glasses represent a safe, affordable, and easily implemented therapeutic intervention for insomnia symptoms (4).
- Since blue blockers help your body produce melatonin, this hormone has been shown to extend lifespan in mice (5).
- Blue light at night can increase the production of new fat cells, therefore blue-blockers can mitigate this. There is potential for blue blockers to counteract blue light induced weight gain (6).
- Blue light can also increase the chances of developing glaucoma, especially when mitochondria are damaged in the eye (7), therefore blue-blockers can mitigate this.
- Blue light exposure may increase fasting glucose levels (8), therefore blue-blockers can help prevent this.
- Mitochondria represent the powerhouse of every cell, and blue light exposure can have detrimental effects on the skin's mitochondria (9). Therefore blue blocking glasses can act as a counteractive strategy to this.
- Blue light exposure can impair retinal mitochondrial function, and subsequently may increase the risk of eye damage (10). Blue blockers are able to prevent this.
How to use
Blue Blockers (Filter Optix)
Need to find the right dose for you? Consider coaching.
Blue blockers work best when used for more than 2 weeks, consecutively.
Everyone who lives with electronic devices.
All vendors are vetted for quality, to ensure they contain the right active ingredients and ratios. Each vendor provides a Certificate of Analysis ℹ️, to ensure accurate dosing, and a product free of contaminants/heavy metals. Further, when brands we work with have been randomly pulled off the shelf and tested by Labdoor, they have tended to score A+ ℹ️.
Before listing products, we compile a list of available research, to determine if claims match the evidence. Likewise, we scour the the internet to gauge people’s experience with each product. Most of the products listed typically score at least [4.5/5 from reviews]. All the studies we’ve found are listed at the bottom of the page, under citations.
All products listed on the BYB website follow screening before listing, to ensure there’s a history of long-term usage without adverse effects. Many products fall under the FDA’s Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) guidelines.
Medication interactions and allergies
Please consult your healthcare professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or regime.
For further information on contraindications and allergies, please visit the vendors website.
Buy from a BYB
Blue blockers represent an essential tool in the modern era. If you care about your overall health, you will quickly learn to realise that the best investment that you could possibly make is to make sure your sleep is sound. Blue blockers make this that little bit easier.
These are the best blue blockers that I have ever used. Hands down. Wearing blue blockers reliably gives me extraordinary sleeps and more energy the following day.