Cistanche targets various aspects of performance enhancement, ranging from cognition to hormones and even longevity. As a powerful male tonic, this herb completely outperforms any other Ginseng in terms of it's masculine power.
- Glycosides present in Cistanche exhibit protective effects on the hippocampal ultrastructure, and glycosides may play a role in the delay of aging and the prevention and treatment of senile dementia via anti-oxidation (12).
- Results indicate that Ca2+-ATP enzyme activity was enhanced, and the MDA content in the hepatic mitochondria was reduced. These results further suggested that the Cistanche effectively protected hepatic mitochondria in the D-galactose aging rat model (13).
- Cistanche can antagonize immunosenescence and extend life-span in mice (14).
- Enhances Nerve Growth Factor secretion, similar to Lion's Mane, without negative androgenic side-effects (5). NGF is critical to the growth and differentiation of neurons in the brain.
- Increases GDNF production, which is essential for the health and integrity of one’s dopaminergic system (6).
- Significantly enhances dopamine production (7).
- Enhances learning and memory (8).
- Increases neurite outgrowth (9).
- Significantly increases BDNF (6).
- Echinacoside (a constituent found in Cistanche) Increases Sperm Quantity by Targeting the Hypothalamic Androgen Receptor (1).
- Echinacoside increases leutenizing hormones levels significantly by 1.1-fold in serum, 1.4-fold in encephalon + pituitary and 1.2-fold in testis (1).
- Echinacoside significantly increases mRNA (Genetic) levels of CYP11A1, CYP17A1, HSD3β1/2 and HSD17β, and particularly HSD3β1/2, which are key enzymes responsible for active hormonal conversions (1).
- Cistanche extract shortened the erectile latency and prolonged the erectile duration to minimize the negative effects of castration (2).
- Cistanche increases sperm count (2.3- and 2.7-folds) and sperm motility (1.3- and 1.4-folds) and decreased the abnormal sperm (0.76- and 0.6-folds). The serum level of progesterone and testosterone in rats was also increased (3).
- Reverses BPA-induced abnormality in sperm characteristics, testicular structure and normalized serum testosterone, enhanced the testosterone biosynthesis (4).
How to use
As a powder, take 1/2 a teaspoon up to twice per day (morning and lunch)
Need to find the right dose for you? Consider coaching.
Cistanche works best in conjunction with Cordyceps, Deer antler and other TCM herbs. For full results, a minimum of 8 weeks of usage is suggested.
Athletes, Libido, "Stressed Men" who need to perform.
All vendors are vetted for quality, to ensure they contain the right active ingredients and ratios. Each vendor provides a Certificate of Analysis ℹ️, to ensure accurate dosing, and a product free of contaminants/heavy metals. Further, when brands we work with have been randomly pulled off the shelf and tested by Labdoor, they have tended to score A+ ℹ️.
Before listing products, we compile a list of available research, to determine if claims match the evidence. Likewise, we scour the the internet to gauge people’s experience with each product. Most of the products listed typically score at least [4.5/5 from reviews]. All the studies we’ve found are listed at the bottom of the page, under citations.
All products listed on the BYB website follow screening before listing, to ensure there’s a history of long-term usage without adverse effects. Many products fall under the FDA’s Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) guidelines.
Medication interactions and allergies
Please consult your healthcare professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or regime.
For further information on contraindications and allergies, please visit the vendors website.
Buy from a BYB
Lost Empire Herbs have a profoundly strong reputation in TCM herbs offerings.
A deeply restoring and rejuvenating herb that provides both potent physical and mental energy.