It improves the efficiency of the respiratory chain, leading to potentially enhanced cognitive and athletic performance. It increases the rate of neurotrophin synthesis, which can lead to memory and learning enhancement. It is, in short, the most well-rounded and effective nootropic available. It delivers clean stimulation, and sharper, faster thinking. And unlike so many other nootropics, the effects of which are disappointingly transient, the pro-cognitive benefits derived from 9-MBC should be very long-lasting.
- Decreases inflammation, preventing microglia proliferation and chemokine release (4),
- Protects against lipopolysaccharide toxicity (5) and reducing LDH (2, 6) (lactate dehydrogenase) (7) reduces α-synuclein (4, 5), the aggregation of which form insoluble fibrils (like lewy bodies), one of the causes of some neurodegenerative disorders, like PD and AD (alzheimer's disease).
- Increase ATP synthesis (6), leading to greater cognitive function.
- Significant restorative effects on the dopamine system. 9-me-BC acts as a cognitive enhancer in a hippocampus-dependent task, and that the behavioral effects may be associated with a stimulatory impact on hippocampal dopamine levels and dendritic and synaptic proliferation (8).
- Displays potential to increase euphoria and orgasm strength, by virtue of possibly suppressing prolactin. As we know, Dopamine and Prolactin have an INVERSE relationship (11).
- Up-regulates, differentiates and protects dopaminergic neurons, dendrites and synapses, especially in the substantia nigra of the midbrain and in the hippocampus (1,2,6,7).
- Increases dopamine synthesis (1,7), unlike caffeine and other stimulants, which deplete dopamine through excessive release and firing.
- Increases neurotrophins/neurotrophic factors (NGF, BDNF, CDNF (6), GDNF, SHH (5) and decrease apoptic signals (6) like caspase-3) (2). These can significantly enhance executive functioning, alertness and motivation.
- Increase TH (6) (tyrosine hydroxylase) expression and its transcription factors, and interacts with tyrosine kinases/ TH converts L-tyrosine to L-Dopa, needed for the synthesis of the catecholamines, especially dopamine, which can lead to dramatic increases in motivation and goal oriented behaviour.
- MAO-B inhibition, preventing the formation of neurotoxic substances, like DOPAC (from the dopamine metabolization), 6-OH-DA (oxidopamine), and MPDP⁺/MPP⁺ (from MPTP), the major cause of dopaminergic neurons death.
- Increases/protects/recovers the NADH dehydrogenase (or "complex I" which catalyzes the transfer of electrons between NADH and Co-Q10), enhancing the mitochondrial respiratory chain (7).
How to use
9-MBC Powder (Nootropic)
Need to find the right dose for you? Consider coaching.
Students, Workers, Athletes.
Students, Workers, Athletes.
All vendors are vetted for quality, to ensure they contain the right active ingredients and ratios. Each vendor provides a Certificate of Analysis ℹ️, to ensure accurate dosing, and a product free of contaminants/heavy metals. Further, when brands we work with have been randomly pulled off the shelf and tested by Labdoor, they have tended to score A+ ℹ️.
Before listing products, we compile a list of available research, to determine if claims match the evidence. Likewise, we scour the the internet to gauge people’s experience with each product. Most of the products listed typically score at least [4.5/5 from reviews]. All the studies we’ve found are listed at the bottom of the page, under citations.
All products listed on the BYB website follow screening before listing, to ensure there’s a history of long-term usage without adverse effects. Many products fall under the FDA’s Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) guidelines.
Medication interactions and allergies
Please consult your healthcare professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or regime.
For further information on contraindications and allergies, please visit the vendors website.
Buy from a BYB
9-MBC is a hot new ingredient in the brain performance scene, with major potential to regenerate damage from toxins, drugs and other neurological damage. It is a great option for those looking to kick-start their dopamine production.
It's quite rare to see 9-MBC in Australia (Availability). 9-MBC is somewhat comparable to Bromantane, in that it is able to signficantly ramp up dopamine production, without causing overstimulation. It is a strong nootropic that should not be taken lightly, however.