Ubiquinol — the reduced, electron-rich form of CoQ10 that your body produces naturally — facilitates the conversion of energy substrates and oxygen into biological energy and is critical for mitochondrial health. Taking a CoQ10/ubiquinol supplement helps protect your mitochondrial membranes from oxidative damage, and has been shown to be helpful mitochondrial function. Recent animal research suggests ubiquinol also has neuroprotective benefits that can improve your chances of recovery in case of a traumatic brain injury
- CoQ10 is a lipid-soluble substance whose primary role is as an essential intermediate of the electron transport system in the mitochondria. Adequate amounts of CoQ10 are necessary for cellular respiration and ATP production (7).
- CoQ10 is a promising agent to restore Nitric oxide production and endothelial function, thereby enhancing blood flow and delivery of nutrients (8).
- Coenzyme Q10 administration increases brain mitochondrial concentrations and exerts neuroprotective effects (4).
- Coenzyme Q10 supplementation reverses age-related impairments in spatial learning (5).
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a promising agent for neuroprotection in neurodegenerative diseases, and can protect against dopamine neuronal damage (6).
- Coenzyme Q10 supplementation (Bio-Qinon Pharma Nord, 90 mg/day) was studied in a double-blind cross-over study of 25 Finnish top-level cross-country skiers. With CoQ10 supplementation, all measured indexes of physical performance (AET, ANT and VO2Max) improved significantly (1).
- CoQ10 may show performance-enhancing effects during the repeated bouts of supramaximal exercises and CoQ10 might be used as ergogenic aid (2).
- Ubiquinol supplementation enhances peak power production in trained athletes in a double-blind, placebo controlled study (3).
How to use
Take one capsule in the morning with food.
Need to find the right dose for you? Consider coaching.
CoQ10 is best used 5 days on, 2 days off, since it has a very long half-life.
Athletes, Low Energy, Fatigue.
All vendors are vetted for quality, to ensure they contain the right active ingredients and ratios. Each vendor provides a Certificate of Analysis ℹ️, to ensure accurate dosing, and a product free of contaminants/heavy metals. Further, when brands we work with have been randomly pulled off the shelf and tested by Labdoor, they have tended to score A+ ℹ️.
Before listing products, we compile a list of available research, to determine if claims match the evidence. Likewise, we scour the the internet to gauge people’s experience with each product. Most of the products listed typically score at least [4.5/5 from reviews]. All the studies we’ve found are listed at the bottom of the page, under citations.
All products listed on the BYB website follow screening before listing, to ensure there’s a history of long-term usage without adverse effects. Many products fall under the FDA’s Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) guidelines.
Medication interactions and allergies
Please consult your healthcare professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or regime.
For further information on contraindications and allergies, please visit the vendors website.
Buy from a BYB
CoQ10 is an excellent supplement to take advantage of, if you are seeking body-wide benefits. It can upgrade performance and health in so many ways.
When I use CoQ10 (right now), it makes me feel like I have much better energy reserves. It improves my performance in the gym, by delaying fatigue and possiby blood flow.