The velvet bean has been successfully used as a potent aphrodisiac, and mood booster, also showing all the desired characteristics of an anti-depressant. Naturally derived L-Dopa has also been used in several forms of therapy to open the heart, allowing for patients to open their heart’s with ease, allowing for greater transformation within their healing trajectory. Excellent for general mood and for athletic performance.
- Mucuna is rich in L-Dopa, which is directly converted into Dopamine. Dopamine is extremely important for for mood, motivation, libido and as an anti-procastination neurotransmitter (1).
- Mucuna also contains trace amounts of dimethyltryptamine (DMT), 5-MeO-DMT, nicotine, and bufotenine, which may alter consciousness and outlook on life, promoting clarity and awareness (2).
- Mucuna supports optimal BDNF levels in the brain, which is important for regulating mood and memory (3).
- Mucuna may also reduce oxidative stress in the brain, by virtue of its potent anti-oxidant ability, thereby potentially slowing cognitive decline (4).
- Mucuna is able to significantly support growth hormone levels, and also lower prolactin levels, which may directly impact mood and sexual competence and motivation in both males and females (5).
- Mucuna is able to support Leutinising hormone (LH), which is extremely critical to support fertility in both men and women. Specifically, it can ramp up sperm count and motility (6).
- Mucuna pruriens is able to support Testosterone production, and improve libido in men (7).
- Reduces stress via supporting the HPA axis (8).
- Potential for blood sugar regulation via (9).
- Alters the blood flow to the penis in men, and aids with nerve regeneration and sexual appetite (10).
How to use
Mucuna Pruriens (Dopamine Enhancer)
1/2 Teaspoon Daily
1/2 Teaspoon Daily
Need to find the right dose for you? Consider coaching.
This herb is BEST cycled.
Sex, Mood, Motivation, Athletes
All vendors are vetted for quality, to ensure they contain the right active ingredients and ratios. Each vendor provides a Certificate of Analysis ℹ️, to ensure accurate dosing, and a product free of contaminants/heavy metals. Further, when brands we work with have been randomly pulled off the shelf and tested by Labdoor, they have tended to score A+ ℹ️.
Before listing products, we compile a list of available research, to determine if claims match the evidence. Likewise, we scour the the internet to gauge people’s experience with each product. Most of the products listed typically score at least [4.5/5 from reviews]. All the studies we’ve found are listed at the bottom of the page, under citations.
All products listed on the BYB website follow screening before listing, to ensure there’s a history of long-term usage without adverse effects. Many products fall under the FDA’s Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) guidelines.
Medication interactions and allergies
Please consult your healthcare professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or regime.
For further information on contraindications and allergies, please visit the vendors website.
Buy from a BYB
Mucuna is a jolt of motivation that lasts for at least 6-8 hours and works extremely well with Cistanche. It’s possible that mucuna beans have a very mild relaxing and psychedelic effect, although at least proper animal studies are needed to confirm this. Some people report “dreamy” feelings from taking mucuna,
Mucuna is one of my favourite herbs to use when tackling challenging projects or when I need that extra motivational boost and confidence. It really counteracts lethargy, low motivation and mood. It is an amazing socialising herb too.